Well it seems that no one wanted this week's giveaway of L'Oreal (not even as a gift for someone) so there is no winner today.
The giveaway for next week is Garnier nutritioniste cleansing cloths.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Here are some Dos and Don'ts for Short Hair.
- Play with texture. Short hair is the most versatile so don't be afraid to 'mess' it up a bit.
- Create bangs. They frame your face in a pretty way and prevent you from looking like a boy.
- Lose control. If you are afraid of having your hair too short do not let someone talk you into a cut above the chin. Go with what you are comfortable with.
- Get the wrong cut. Choose a style that accentuates your face when it comes to shape and size.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Here are some Dos and Don'ts for Medium Hair.
- Get face framing highlights. These instantly make your face look brighter and they are easy to manage.
- Use a round brush. This helps you to maximize the movement and volume of your hair.
- Get a one length cut at the shoulder. It looks like an overgrown bob and is not cute at all.
- Ignore thinning hair. If your hair is thinning then you should not grow it past the shoulders. It is better to trim and have healthy shorter hair.
See also Diva Hair Dos and Don'ts: Long Hair
Friday, November 14, 2008
The item up for grabs this week is the *L'Oreal Advanced Revitalift*. This prize will be given away on Friday next week so be sure to come back and check to see if you are the winner.
I am running a promotion here to increase awareness of the blog. Every Friday (until items run out) I will be giving a beauty/skincare/haircare item away to readers.
To be considered for the promotion...all you have to do is follow one of two simple steps:
- Promote the giveaway on your blog by talking about and linking back here OR
- Subscribe to the feed (orange button up top)
When you have done this you will need to leave a comment on the giveaway post to let me know who is interested in the prize. I will then draw from the entries that week.
You can do both of these tasks and earn yourself two entries every week if you wish. The winner for the week will be announced on the blog so you must come back to see if you are a winner.
There are a number of different prizes up for grabs so let your readers know.
Show your interest for a chance to win this item and come back next week for the next giveaway!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I have gone through many trials and tribulations with trying to lighten my armpits and all the issues that happened with that.
Now I have gone and TOTALLY f*^%$# up my armpits with this new antiperspirant.
Not only do I have ugly dark underarms, I also perspire a lot. As a result I have to use those clinical strength antiperspirants.
It gets EVEN better. I have sensitive skin and for some reason when I use a product for a while it no longer works, so I have to use something different.
I have normally been using Dove and Secret and they have been working well. The two that I have were about to run out so I decided to try out this new antiperspirant that I had just gotten.
I should have stuck with what I know.
I used it one day to go to work and noticed that
1. It did not keep me as dry as the others and
2. My armpits felt a little bit itchy.
By the time I got home from work my armpits were VERY itchy so I took a shower. I noticed some little bumps under my arm so I went to sleep without putting anything on. Of course the next day I had to go to work so I squeezed a little bit of Dove out and went to work.
This is what my pits look like three days later.Not sure if you can see the bumps....but they are there and they itch and burn.
As soon as I got home I took a shower again to give my pits some time to recover. I have been through this before and the only thing that works is to not wear anything while I am at home because I can sweat as much as I want and there is no one to notice.
Looks like I am in for a week of peeling and itching and burning. I guess it is time to stock up on Dove and Secret so I can avoid this happening again.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
I am pleased to announce the winner of the Bic Soleil shaver from last week's Beauty Loot Giveaway: Bic Soleil . Sorry that I did not put up the results on Friday.
The winner is commenter Mistress Meeyee!!!!
Please email me at lulugal11 AT yahoo DOT com with your mailing address. Please note that I do not ship outside of the US.
Remember to come back and check out the next item up for grabs for YOUR chance to win some beauty loot!!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Here are some Dos and Don'ts for Long Hair
- Deep condition every week. Your hair needs to be kept moist to remain healthy.
- Get trims every 6 to 8 weeks. There is no other way to get rid of the split ends that look so unsightly.
- Keep it too long. If your hair is not proportionate to your body then you look overwhelmed by it.
- Go crazy with the flatiron. Too much heat is very damaging for the hair.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Welcome to the Diva Tip of the Day. Today we will talk about Shorter Shampoos.
Now this does not mean that you do not take the time to properly wash your hair. It just means that you do not need to have the marathon shampoo EVERY day. If you wash your hair every day then you can cut down the time by simply shampooing the roots when you are in a hurry.
Let the shampoo run down the ends of the hair while you bathe and then let them rinse off while you rinse off.
This lets your hair clean up quickly and you can spend longer on the days when you do have time. I am especially loving Pantene Beautiful lengths right now and you might want to check it out too.