Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update on How To Lighten Dark Underarms

I recently wrote about How To Lighten Dark Underarms because my own underarms are very dark.

See picture in post for clarification.

One way I was told you can lighten your dark underarms is to wax instead of shaving or using depilatory creams.
Here is the image of my left armpit twenty days after waxing. I waxed every three days for twenty days and applied the finishing oil at night.

During the day I would wear my regular antiperspirant but then when I got home I would shower, wax and apply the oil to go to bed.
This picture is what my left armpit looked like before I started waxing. I think I can see a difference in that the waxed pit looks lighter but this might just be wishful thinking.

I will continue waxing some more and see what really happens.

16 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Waxing has lightened up my underarms, but I've been waxing for over 5 years. No shaving.

Anyway, I am sure that you will get the results you want.

Take care and God bless.

outofthepinksky said...

Wow! My husband has that problem. I didn't know it was so common!

Diva In Training said...

@ Solomonsdelle:
Well I just started and it has only been one month so I guess I have a long way to go.

@ Outofthepinksky:
What does your husband do to fix it?

Anonymous said...

Could post an updated picture so we could see the progress you've made waxing.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm going through the same thing, girl! But I heard that using deodorants that have: Aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly or any aluminum compounds, really help in darkening your under arms, so to start using all natural deodorants will help a lot. :)


I hope you find something that works!!

H said...

diva in training,

use a ointment of alovera with fusidic acid (anti fungal), u will have to use this for atleast 2 months religiously to see results

trust me, my underarm skin was 75% lightened with this.

Anonymous said...

used sebo de macho..it will really works..

Lea said...

Does it matter if I wax or epilate?

Anonymous said...

dont wax too much, it also leaves scars, and too much scarring will darken ur underarm. at least wait until ur hair grows again before waxing it again

Anonymous said...

Dose puberty have to do with black armpits?

Anonymous said...

so wut relly causes black arm pit me will try lemsons tomorro!let u knows if it works!!!!!ds

Neely said...

antiperspirants have aluminium in them.. that causes dark under arms. You can try using lemons daily.. it is a natural lighener.

ashkae said...

you know you should try kate jones peeling solution for underarm, effective un

Anonymous said...

the truth is, antiperspirant is the one that darkening your armpits. trust me! STOP using it. choose a whitening deodorant like nivea. it works though it takes sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Does sebo de macho really works?

I also have an dark underarm. I need to have a whiter underarm in a month. Can someone help me please. I'm a teenager it annoys me a lot.

Unknown said...

excellent issues altogether, you simply won a new reader. What could you recommend about your post that you made a few days in the past? Any certain? Look into my web blog:
underarm whitening