First off let me apologize for not posting regularly in recent times. I have been very caught up with work and although that is not an excuse it has really prevented me from blogging.
And now on to the tips for the day. Over at MSN you can find the article 10 Ways To Wake Up Beautiful which gives you some tips you can use to look your best in the morning.
The tips are as follows:
1. Get An Early Start. Wash your face at night so you remove makeup and toxins and give your face a fresh start.
I already do this one so I guess I am on the way to waking up beautiful already.
2. Sleep On Your Back. They say you should avoid sleeping on your face because it causes wrinkles.
I sleep on my side and sometimes on my back so I am halfway there.
3. Get A Lift. They recommend sleeping with your head elevated to allow the fluids in your face to drain so that you do not wake up puffy.
I sleep on two pillows when I sleep on my back but for side sleeping that is not very comfortable.
4. Save Money, Not Wrinkles. Put on your richest eye cream at night to thoroughly hydrate your face.
I do not use an eye cream but I guess I should start right now.
5. Sneak A Glow. Add some self tanner to your night cream and work on your tan overnight.
I do not use self tanners so this is not a useful point for me.
6. Avoid Carb Face. If you can avoid high carb food late at night this will ease some of the puffiness in the morning.
I need to work on this one....as I am sure we all do.
7. Wrap It Up. Tie your hair in a silk scarf to protect the hair from friction at night. The other alternative is to have a silk pillowcase.
I have a satin pillowcase and I always tie my hair up at night so this works for me.
8. Find Your Inner Ballerina. Along with sleeping on silk or satin it also helps to put your hair up on top of your head at night if it can reach.
I slip my hair up in two buns at night and clip them on the top of my head.
9. Turn On The Hair Conditioning. Apply an overnight treatment to your ends at night and rinse off in the morning to get well conditioned hair.
I have done this sometimes and it really works. Just be sure to secure your hair so that you do not get the pillow dirty.
10. Pop A Rooster Pill. This supplement supposedly helps you wake up better. A good night's sleep is essential to you looking great during the day.
I do not take anything to help me sleep so this tips falls flat for me.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Posted by Diva In Training
Labels: beauty tips